Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble importing photoshop layers

Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So last year on an older update of After Effects I could always import my photoshop file, with each layer into After Effects to be able to animate gifs easier.

Now I can't seem to import them properly? The photoshop file will only import as one layer making it impossible to animate now. Has anyone had this problem and resolved it in the 2020 update or does anyone in general know how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the PSD is properly set up, make sure the color space is RGB - NOT CMYK, make sure you select import as a composition retaining layer size, make sure the PSD sequence is not selected, and make sure that you open the comp that AE creates. There should be a folder with all of the layers in the folder, and there should be a comp in the Project Panel. I don't see any reported bugs and as long as a PSD is properly prepared and RGB, I'm having no problems.

One other thing, make sure that your version of AE is up-to-date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem importing PSDs here either, in both Mac OS and Windows.  Rick covers all the usual suspects in his post above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines