Highlighted

Trouble rendering on media encoder

New Here ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Hi, I have been using ae since September. I use it to make video edits and have always used media encoder to render my edits. I have never had a problem with media encoder before, it always renders my edits perfectly and fairly quick and it’s perfect for me. But last night I made an edit and when I went to export it, it said “failed”. I hadn’t made any changes I just did what I usually did when rendering so I was confused. I clicked on the failed and it said the issue was “error compiling movie”. I read somewhere that sometimes the error can be to do with plugins and I remembered that I just downloaded the “sapphire” plugin and that was probably why it wasn’t working, because I never had issues with rendering before installing it, so I closed ae and uninstalled sapphire, and then I tried again but it still failed. I am very annoyed and confused as I spent 4 hours on the edit and I can’t render it. Can someone please help me? I have no idea why it’s doing this, thanks
TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Trouble rendering on media encoder

New Here ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Hi, I have been using ae since September. I use it to make video edits and have always used media encoder to render my edits. I have never had a problem with media encoder before, it always renders my edits perfectly and fairly quick and it’s perfect for me. But last night I made an edit and when I went to export it, it said “failed”. I hadn’t made any changes I just did what I usually did when rendering so I was confused. I clicked on the failed and it said the issue was “error compiling movie”. I read somewhere that sometimes the error can be to do with plugins and I remembered that I just downloaded the “sapphire” plugin and that was probably why it wasn’t working, because I never had issues with rendering before installing it, so I closed ae and uninstalled sapphire, and then I tried again but it still failed. I am very annoyed and confused as I spent 4 hours on the edit and I can’t render it. Can someone please help me? I have no idea why it’s doing this, thanks
TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The failure is caused by whatever is going on in the comp. I hope you are using AE for visual effects and animations and not as a video editor. It's the wrong tool for editing. 

To diagnose your problem you need to take a close look at your comp and examine all of the modified properties in all of the layers. If nothing is obvious you can start by turning off effects on certain layers and running test renders. When you find the offending effect try changing the settings or achieving the same look using other tools. 

If you can't figure anything out, post a screenshot of the comp showing the modified properties of the layers in the comp and describe your workflow in detail. Please embed the screenshots using the toolbar above, and show the modified properties by selecting the layers and pressing the U key twice.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2020 0