Highlighted

Trying to Make a More Realistic Scene

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project where I am applying color to a person's face so that the person now has clown make up.  I am having a problem with getting the colors (top layer) to blend with the person (layer below).  It looks like the color layer (makeup) is on a piece of glass that is in front of the actor instead of looking like it has been applied.  What is a good way to make it look more realistic?  I have tried some blending modes, "lighten" has given the best result but still doesn't look natural.  The "overlay" blending mode does a better job but then changes the color and it looks odd.  The color of the makeup that looks odd is white.  I've lowered the oppacity which helped a little and I've masked it and feathered it a little which also helped but still doesn't look natural.  If someone could help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Trying to Make a More Realistic Scene

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project where I am applying color to a person's face so that the person now has clown make up.  I am having a problem with getting the colors (top layer) to blend with the person (layer below).  It looks like the color layer (makeup) is on a piece of glass that is in front of the actor instead of looking like it has been applied.  What is a good way to make it look more realistic?  I have tried some blending modes, "lighten" has given the best result but still doesn't look natural.  The "overlay" blending mode does a better job but then changes the color and it looks odd.  The color of the makeup that looks odd is white.  I've lowered the oppacity which helped a little and I've masked it and feathered it a little which also helped but still doesn't look natural.  If someone could help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 30, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't know. You need to at least provide some screenshots of the original footage and what you have achieved so far. no point in longwinded descriptions of invisible elephants. That said, you may need to come to terms with the fact that this may require tons of duplicate layers to reconstruct the color and shading in a credible way.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.  I'm a beginner and not very knowledgeable on this subject so when you say "tons of layers", what would be considered a ton?  Are they adjustment layers or duplicate of the makeup? I'm guessing there is not a general or generic set of steps to make layers blend? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Mylenium says, please post a screenshot of your subject if you'd like some educated suggestions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2020 0