Highlighted

Turning reference image into reality

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I have a reference image that I'd like some help turning from an image into opening titles to a video. I understand this sounds vague but I'm just trying to figure out how to capture the essence of it in Motion (i.e how to capture the dusty/worn 80s feel, not worrying so much about the woman in the middle).

I am using a AE video titles template that I downloaded and I'm trying to figure out how to make it look more like the attached image.

The template is here - https://elements.envato.com/new-80s-VG3KFAN

The desired aesthetic image is below. Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Andy

IMG_7693.jpeg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Turning reference image into reality

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I have a reference image that I'd like some help turning from an image into opening titles to a video. I understand this sounds vague but I'm just trying to figure out how to capture the essence of it in Motion (i.e how to capture the dusty/worn 80s feel, not worrying so much about the woman in the middle).

I am using a AE video titles template that I downloaded and I'm trying to figure out how to make it look more like the attached image.

The template is here - https://elements.envato.com/new-80s-VG3KFAN

The desired aesthetic image is below. Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Andy

IMG_7693.jpeg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am assuming that you want to know how to do the color grading to the image of the girl in your image because there is nothing in the template that looks like the design. 

One approach would be to duplicate the footage layer with the actor, apply Cartoon and Exposure to the duplicate, try various blend modes and see what you get. You want to flatten out the color resolution, like going from 8 bit to 4, then add some edges. This is from a screenshot of the template and your sample image:

Screenshot_2020-07-13 19.14.11_erUtGl.png

Cartoon and exposure settings are shown.

Screenshot_2020-07-13 19.14.46_s7sZQd.png

Overlay blend mode and all layers. Whatever you do it's going to take some experimentation and the settings depend entirely on the source footage. There are probably a dozen ways to approach this look, this was just one of them. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 1