Highlighted

unable to import file (bad format or not readable)

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on the same project for about 2 days now and when i closed out of it earlier I saved and everything. but when i tried to open it a few hours later the message "After Effects warning: Unable to import file "/Volumes/x/y/z" as project (bad format or not readable)". I have auto-save turned on to save every 5 minutes, yet when I click to open any of the auto-save files they all say the exact same message. I use a Macbook Air and my after effects is updated to the newest version (17.5.0). I have tried importing the file into a new project, moving it onto my desktop, renaming the file, and a lot more suspected fixes. Please help!! I don't want to lose my file 😞

TOPICS
Error or problem, Expressions, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

unable to import file (bad format or not readable)

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on the same project for about 2 days now and when i closed out of it earlier I saved and everything. but when i tried to open it a few hours later the message "After Effects warning: Unable to import file "/Volumes/x/y/z" as project (bad format or not readable)". I have auto-save turned on to save every 5 minutes, yet when I click to open any of the auto-save files they all say the exact same message. I use a Macbook Air and my after effects is updated to the newest version (17.5.0). I have tried importing the file into a new project, moving it onto my desktop, renaming the file, and a lot more suspected fixes. Please help!! I don't want to lose my file 😞

TOPICS
Error or problem, Expressions, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you use an external drive to save your file, There is a high possibility your have a problem with that drive  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do save all of my work and projects onto an SD card :(. I thought it would take up less space on my computer. What do you think the problem could be?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TAYLOR5FCF,

Sorry for your issue.

What happens if you create a new project and save it at the same location? Did OussK's suggestion help? If not, please share your project file so that we can test it at our end.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i created a new project file and saved it at the same location, the same thing happened! I guess I might just have to save everything to my computer instead of my SD card from now on if that is what's causing the problem. The only strange thing is that I have been using this SD card for months now when I save my projects and nothing like this has ever happened before. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0