Highlighted

Unable to import files (AE: Unknown Exception)/(Could Not Read From Source)/(File Damaged)

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Desperate to get a solution i've tried all the ones posted rolling back to 17.0.4, Even 2019, Tried encoding as multiple different codecs, no matter what files that vary from .dv3, .mov, .aif, .mp3, etc will not import and gives me a string of errors AE: Unknown Exception, Could Not Read From Source, File Damaged. The only work around that worked was importing the files into a Premiere timeline then copy and pasting those into AE. The problem with this solution however is when you save and close the project you open it back to all those same files giving you the same string of errors they would have prior to the work around and showing as missing files in the timeline. 

Im on a number of projects and this has put me far behind so desperate to get a working solution as ive run out of options.

*update* So I recently created a new login user to my computer and when I go to the AE in that login everything works as it should and imports no problems with even the latest version. Saved it out and went back to my normal side (as I have all my pref, fonts, etc there) and yet again all the footage that imported fine in the other side all went offline and gave error messages for each.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to import files (AE: Unknown Exception)/(Could Not Read From Source)/(File Damaged)

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Desperate to get a solution i've tried all the ones posted rolling back to 17.0.4, Even 2019, Tried encoding as multiple different codecs, no matter what files that vary from .dv3, .mov, .aif, .mp3, etc will not import and gives me a string of errors AE: Unknown Exception, Could Not Read From Source, File Damaged. The only work around that worked was importing the files into a Premiere timeline then copy and pasting those into AE. The problem with this solution however is when you save and close the project you open it back to all those same files giving you the same string of errors they would have prior to the work around and showing as missing files in the timeline. 

Im on a number of projects and this has put me far behind so desperate to get a working solution as ive run out of options.

*update* So I recently created a new login user to my computer and when I go to the AE in that login everything works as it should and imports no problems with even the latest version. Saved it out and went back to my normal side (as I have all my pref, fonts, etc there) and yet again all the footage that imported fine in the other side all went offline and gave error messages for each.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your user folder permissions, clean out any caches and temp folders.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cache had already been wiped, and folder permissions were altered via another post with the same issue. Neither resulted in a solution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for your issue.

What is the exact version of After Effects you're using: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-after-effects-you-...

Have you tested it with the latest release (17.1)? If you're getting the issue in the latest version as well, try importing the files from a different location for example your desktop.

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0