• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to launch After Effects CC 2019 Mac

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just recently started. I can no longer launch the program. Get this error message. Please help!

Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 6.30.49 PM.png

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

The cause is the permission of the folder. You move to the folder the error message says and then hit command key + I. You change the setting of everyone to Read & Write.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Hi there,

I agree with @ToolfarmJP, it seems to be permission related issue.

Here are the steps to locate the folder and provide permissions:

1. Open a new Finder window. 
  2. Hold down the Option key, click the Go menu on the toolbar at the top of the screen, and then choose Library. (Library is hidden unless you hold down the Option key.)
  3. Once you are in Library, go to Preferences > Adobe > After Effects > and provide the Read & Write permissions to the 16.1 folder.

Let us know if it helps.

Tha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cause is the permission of the folder. You move to the folder the error message says and then hit command key + I. You change the setting of everyone to Read & Write.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but which folder? I cant locate the path its referring to. There is no Library/Preferences in my MacUser folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I agree with @ToolfarmJP, it seems to be permission related issue.

Here are the steps to locate the folder and provide permissions:

1. Open a new Finder window. 
  2. Hold down the Option key, click the Go menu on the toolbar at the top of the screen, and then choose Library. (Library is hidden unless you hold down the Option key.)
  3. Once you are in Library, go to Preferences > Adobe > After Effects > and provide the Read & Write permissions to the 16.1 folder.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to both!

I actually unistalled 16 and reinstalled the latest 17 but was still getting the error. Then did what you said about changing permissions. But I did it to a number of other folders in the 17 folder. Then it finally worked.

Thanks again! Also, great tip about option key/Go menu to access Library, I didn't know that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines