Highlighted

Unable to load textures or gradients into After Effects

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made something in adobe illustrator that has textures and gradients. When I import that file into after effects the color of the shape that has the gradient or texture turned gray. Am I doing something wrong while importing it or is it just that you can't import gradients and textures from illustrator into after effects.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to load textures or gradients into After Effects

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made something in adobe illustrator that has textures and gradients. When I import that file into after effects the color of the shape that has the gradient or texture turned gray. Am I doing something wrong while importing it or is it just that you can't import gradients and textures from illustrator into after effects.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 17, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a misunderstanding thgere. Shape layers in AE are not a full re-creation of Illustrator's features. So no, it's not supported. The otehr misunderstanding is that there is no requirement to always convert AI artwork. AE will handle it just fine as a standard layer. Only convert AI objects to shape if you genuinely need access to the paths. Everything else is a matter of designing and preparing your artwork with these things in mind.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete5fe2,

Sorry for your issue.

Are you getting this issue when you convert Illustrator artwork to the After Effects shape layer? If so, I'd suggest what 

Mylenium has suggested. If you're getting this issue with the Illustrator artwork right when you import the ai file, please make sure that your Illustrator file is RGB and all the shapes are closed.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Li

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 1