Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to move/select keyframes.

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99glitches_0-1586214543535.png

So I've been having this error for quite a few days and so what happens is that I can't move my keframes. I can select them by dragging, but I can't move them, only open the graph editor.

I used After Effects for 2 years so I know how it generally works. The layer is not locked and the keyframes are shown (U), so I'm pretty sure it's either a bug or a preferences thing I've missed.

Anything I can do? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I forgot to mention I use After Effects CC 2017 and that it's Spanish but it's exactly the same as the English version.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be a buggy comp/project. Try importing this project in to a new project. 

Also, you may go ahead and make all the settings default by resetting the preferences: http://www.kevinmonahan.net/?p=134

Let us know if any of the above works. We're here to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a compoistion bug, even though it has happened to me a few times before in other projects, that's why I was wondering if there was any way to solve  it. But it's alright, since I can just copy and paste everything to a new comp.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Did you try @dj_summitt's suggestion? Did it help? If not, is it happening in all the projects? Also, share your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS).

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like a preference issue

Reset :

While After Effects is starting up, press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS), and your preferences will be reset.

Let me know if this resolves the issue

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines