Highlighted

Unable to show suggestions in effects and presets window

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a noob.  I must have changed some setting by accident, and AE no longer shows suggested options when I type names into the effects and presets window.  I can't make it go back to what it was formerly doing, which was coming up with a list of possible effects as soon as I started typing anything in.  I can't even get effects to come up after I've typed in the full name of the effect and hit enter.  

Thank you for helping!

AE problem 07-09-2020.jpg

TOPICS
How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to show suggestions in effects and presets window

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a noob.  I must have changed some setting by accident, and AE no longer shows suggested options when I type names into the effects and presets window.  I can't make it go back to what it was formerly doing, which was coming up with a list of possible effects as soon as I started typing anything in.  I can't even get effects to come up after I've typed in the full name of the effect and hit enter.  

Thank you for helping!

TOPICS
How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 10, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the flyout menu in the top right corner of the panel. You may have enabled some filter setting that automatically excludes stuff. Also of course check the actual folders, whether the presets are present and the program has access to it/ its configuration points to these folders.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they show up fine but the size of the tab "Effects & Presets" is too small for them to show on your current interface.

Just place the mouse on this red line and drag down to reveal the Effects & Presets tab more. The results are hiding out there!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding!  I tried to do what you suggested and it wouldn't work, which made me think AE was glitching and reminded me I hadn't tried just closing the program and reopening it.  When I did that, all the effects were back.  So, you really helped me.  I deeply appreciate it!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2020 0