Highlighted

Unable to start

New Here ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried starting after effects I get a message it can't continue unexpected failure durning application startup. I'm using a Windows 10 pc, 

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to start

New Here ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried starting after effects I get a message it can't continue unexpected failure durning application startup. I'm using a Windows 10 pc, 

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 16, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't know. You need to be a lot more specific, including providing the relevant info from your event viewer logs and detailed sysdtem info. A throwaway mention of Windows 10 is useless. Start by reinstalling AE with sufficient user permissions and also run it that way.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Syanidekid,

Welcome to the Community and sorry for your issue.

As Mylenium mentioned, please share the following information so that we can troubleshoot the issue properly.

What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)? What's the exact version of After Effects you're using: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-after-effects-you-...

Also, have you installed any new program or font recently?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0