Highlighted

unable to use effect on shape properly. effects are distorting the shape position

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why can't i use effects without them changing the postion of my shapes? shapes are automatically rasterized and everytime i use an effect on them the get all messed up. can anybody help?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

unable to use effect on shape properly. effects are distorting the shape position

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why can't i use effects without them changing the postion of my shapes? shapes are automatically rasterized and everytime i use an effect on them the get all messed up. can anybody help?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of effect are you using? Could you share some screen captures of your Timeline Panel (press UU before capturing) and your Composition panel so we can look for a solution?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes off course, here it is.

i choose a warp effect for this shape but for some reason the shape is not in its boundaries (the blue lines). when i bend it even more it just goes up.. why can't i use the effect properly? 

Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 13.16.59.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, some effects does only work inside the boundaries of the layer so the only way to make it work is to precompose your layers before applying the effect. For this kind of distortion I recommend you to use the CC Bend It Effect under the Distort category. This way you can tell AE where to start and finish the deformation and have more control about it without precomposing. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jose already pointed out, most effects will default to working within the layer bounds and with shape layers that's always the comp size, not the visible content of the layer. You need to adapt your workflow accordingly.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0