• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Undo Produces Odd Results

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In v17.1.3, the UNDO command produces erratic results. Control-Z does work but also produces unwanted results. It's difficult to replicate the issue, and when I start a new project, the undo command seems to work once more. But for complex projects that go on for awhile and generate a long history, it's gotten to the point where it's easier for me to revert than to go through the undo history.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ItsWilder,

Sorry for your issue.

Is it happening with the projects created in version 17.1.3 as well or only with the old projects? Also, have you tried resetting the preferences yet: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after-effects/td-...

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been happening since CC 2019 when I was on a completely different mac. I was using a MacBook 2015 and AE CC 2019 for quite awhile when I started to notice the issue. I just bought a brand new iMac 2020 though and I'm now using AE CC 2020 (the latest build). In setting up the new Mac I didn't copy anything over and set it up from scratch. So, projects from CC 2019 AND completely new projects from CC 2020 are both showing the same odd UNDO results.

Since it's a brand new iMac, setup from scratch, it'd be odd for a preferences file to already be a problem but I'll give that a try. When reading the link you sent, I saw this comment:

"the biggest culprits of corrupt prefs seem to be workspaces and open extentions in your workspaces.  If we're going to have all these options for customizing the interface, they need to be more stable."

That's very interesting. I wonder if one of my many extensions might be causing this. I'm using Motion 3, Motion Factory, and Motion Factory Classic. I might try closing some of those and see as well what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, third-party plug-ins can cause such issues. If closing them from the workspace doesn't help, I'd recommend removing them one by one and see if it helps with the issue. It'll help you to find out which one is causing the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines