• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FAQ: How to fix "Unknown BIB Error" in After Effects

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When do I get the "Unknown BIB Error" error in After Effects?

A bad font or corrupted font cache could cause this error to appear in the following situations:

• While previewing.
  • When opening a project.
  • In some cases, you might see this error at launch.

unknown bib error.png

Solution:

Our community recommends the following solutions:

Reload Illustrator files - Right-click the Illustrator files in the Project panel and select Reload Footage

Remove newly installed and duplicate fonts. Instructions are below - 

Clear the font cache. Instructions are below -

Clear After Effects preferences -  https://adobe.ly/3t5x7Hd 

TOPICS
FAQ , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out it could also happen if Ae is having trouble reading Ai files so reloading all imported Illustrator files fixed it for me 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what fixed it for me too, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how i can reload all the ai files? do I do it individually? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need, you can just type ".ai" on the search bar on the project window and it will show all illustrator files then all you need to do is select all of them with ctrl+a (cmd+a on mac), right click and click on "reload footage"

obs: some of it may still render as a missing file if that happens you will need to select it and click on replace footage>file, select the original file import it,  make sure to select "choose layer" in the layer options and select the layer yo'll be replacing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Gabriel.. This helped.. Thanks..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It helped me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the incredible solution, @Gabriel Mega.

I'll add it to the FAQ.

Best,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks !!! It fix it by reload .ai !

Merci ça a fonctionné en recharchant les fichier .ai !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me too thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're a hero, Gabriel!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Y cómo se supone que se hace eso?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are my hero 🥰

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

excellent and time-saving trick....Kudos broo!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you it's working now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muito obrigado, Gabriel! Salvou a minha vida!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

off caps loack....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After effects warning: unknown BIB Error Source sream Error, CT, 0 (83::3)

not able to fix this issue by adobe team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

solution worked for me ./... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Unknown BIB Error" in After Effects is quite uncommon and could be caused by various issues, such as outdated software, corrupt files, or hardware issues. Here are some steps to help you resolve the problem:

1. Update After Effects: Make sure you're running the latest version of Adobe After Effects. Outdated software may contain bugs or compatibility issues that can cause errors. To check for updates, open After Effects, go to Help > Updates, and follow the on-screen instructions.

2. Clear cache: Clearing the cache can help resolve issues caused by corrupt or outdated temporary files. Go to Edit > Purge > All Memory & Disk Cache, and then click "OK" to clear the cache.

3. Delete preferences: Corrupt preferences can cause errors in After Effects. To reset preferences, close After Effects, then hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac) while launching the software. You will be prompted to delete the preferences file. Click "Yes" to continue.

4. Check file formats: Ensure that the files you are using in your project are compatible with After Effects. Unsupported or corrupt files can cause errors. Replace or convert any incompatible files before importing them into your project.

5. Run as Administrator (Windows): Right-click on the After Effects shortcut, select "Run as administrator," and see if the issue persists. Running the software with administrator privileges can help resolve permission-related issues.

6. Check hardware: Ensure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements for running After Effects. If your hardware is outdated or incompatible, consider upgrading to improve performance and stability.

7. Reinstall After Effects: If none of the above steps work, consider uninstalling and reinstalling After Effects. This can help resolve any issues caused by corrupt or missing files. Remember to back up your projects and custom settings before uninstalling.

If you still encounter the "Unknown BIB Error" after trying these steps, consider contacting Adobe Support for further assistance. They can help identify and resolve more complex issues that may be causing the error.

Austin Visuals 3D Animation Studio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uncommon for you, but it happens to me all the time, with 70% of my animations, it's a stressful bug that doesn't let me work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Media Codecs to you have? We use .mxf long gop. I assume some troubles from this side or maybe the blackmagic Decklink card we are using for video playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines