Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unsupported video driver Nvidia RTX 4000

Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the latest versions of everything and I can't seem to find a solution for this error that pops up on Premiere and After Effects as well.

System:

Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

AE 17.1.4 built 37

Nvidia RTX 4000 Driver version 443.32 Driver Type DCH

Thank you.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Ok, so I fixed the issue following this steps:

Checked in System Info of Nvidia Panel the exact type of drivers that my laptop is using including version,

Searched on nvidia website for a matching driver (this seems to be the key) and for a DCH type the one that worked was not the regular one that most users would install, but the one that is including new features and bug fixes....etc...the one that is advertised as not the most stable. Below is the link. Again, the key is to find the exact drive

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usual applies: You need to dig into the NVidia panel and play around with legacy compatibility options like restricting accessible memory or lowering OpenGL levels. Not much point to it otherwise. Expecting a card that has only been out for a couple of weeks or days even to be perfectly compatible with apps it was never designed for it is simply unrealistic. Things will smooth out only over time when both sides optimize and adapt their code.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your reply....this card was not out for a couple of weeks. I am a humble designer, not a helpdesk support, or system engineer. The best I can do is to click on links that work and hit install button.

Cheers,

E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I fixed the issue following this steps:

Checked in System Info of Nvidia Panel the exact type of drivers that my laptop is using including version,

Searched on nvidia website for a matching driver (this seems to be the key) and for a DCH type the one that worked was not the regular one that most users would install, but the one that is including new features and bug fixes....etc...the one that is advertised as not the most stable. Below is the link. Again, the key is to find the exact driver type that your machine needs and that requires a bit of attention.

456.38-quadro-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I ran into the very same problem with my nvidia rtx a4500 with Adobe After Effects:

- Unsupported video driver

After hours of trying all sorts of stuff to fix the issue, your way of doing it fixed it for me.

Thanks a lot AltaRD!

Steps:

1. go to official NVIDIA website

2. go to drivers

3. select your exact model and operating system

4. in the drop-down for "Download Type" select: New Feature Branch (not Production Branch/Studio)

5. download & install

6. reboot your system

7. done

After Effects then reconnised my rtx a4500 and it was smooth sailing from there.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines