Unwanted Blur while Rendering

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I have a very strange problem with one of my layers during rendering. The whole composition works perfectly fine in the viewport, but when I want to render/export the whole scene out, it kinda blurs the image of just one layer composition, even though I want a more "pixel-perfect" look. I checked the sampling quality to "No-Anti-Aliasing" on every element within this pre-composition but the result is still the same blurry image. 

Please note that this is about the "Blur" - All other effects are just because I screenshotted a different frame with some glitch effects on it. (Left image is the Viewport-Rendering, Right one is after I started the render process (with and without compressions and different file-extensions)
AE_Viewport.pngAE_Renderer.png

This is a 24 frame based 1920x1080 px (Square-Pixel) based composition. I do not use any motion blur.

AE_OMS.jpg

AE_RS.jpg

Can someone tell me what the heck is going wrong with this layer? Can it be because I scaled the Pixel Art 10 times as the Original? And why does the Viewport shows a totally different result than the actual rendered image?

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unwanted Blur while Rendering

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I have a very strange problem with one of my layers during rendering. The whole composition works perfectly fine in the viewport, but when I want to render/export the whole scene out, it kinda blurs the image of just one layer composition, even though I want a more "pixel-perfect" look. I checked the sampling quality to "No-Anti-Aliasing" on every element within this pre-composition but the result is still the same blurry image. 

Please note that this is about the "Blur" - All other effects are just because I screenshotted a different frame with some glitch effects on it. (Left image is the Viewport-Rendering, Right one is after I started the render process (with and without compressions and different file-extensions)
AE_Viewport.pngAE_Renderer.png

This is a 24 frame based 1920x1080 px (Square-Pixel) based composition. I do not use any motion blur.

AE_OMS.jpg

AE_RS.jpg

Can someone tell me what the heck is going wrong with this layer? Can it be because I scaled the Pixel Art 10 times as the Original? And why does the Viewport shows a totally different result than the actual rendered image?

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 14, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have set your render quality to "Best" and that's what you get - it re-enables sub-sampling and ovverrides any layer switches like Draft mode/ no interpolation. Your imperfect edges clearly would cause such a behavior. You have to use "Current Settings" or additionally quantize your "pixels" by e.g. applying a Mosaic effect.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2020 0