Highlighted

Updated to AE 2020, no longer able to export videos to Media Encoder.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Ae 2020 I'm, unable to export projects to Media Encoder. Even when I manually enter Encoder and select a project, the project still doesn't encode. I'm not sure what to do, I've tried uninstalling the program and installing it back on, updating drivers and even reinstalling drivers and it seems like nothing is working. Right now, I'm debating if this is an adobe issue or if it's something else. 

Topics

Crash, Dynamic link, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Updated to AE 2020, no longer able to export videos to Media Encoder.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Ae 2020 I'm, unable to export projects to Media Encoder. Even when I manually enter Encoder and select a project, the project still doesn't encode. I'm not sure what to do, I've tried uninstalling the program and installing it back on, updating drivers and even reinstalling drivers and it seems like nothing is working. Right now, I'm debating if this is an adobe issue or if it's something else. 

Topics

Crash, Dynamic link, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jessyt98944465,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand that you are not able to export project with Media Encoder.

The following information would help us to understand the issue better.

• Are you able to export with After Effects?
  • Do you see any error message?
  • Are you getting this issue with all the projects?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Nishu,

I'm not able to export from After Effects, when I click export to media encoder the application "Media Encoder" starts up but, the project never pops up for exporting it's just blank like the programs aren't communicating. This issue is happening with every project from old ones to even trying to exporting a new one that I just created to test. 

I haven't received an error message, not sure what to do. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cause sounds like the codec issue. Media Encoder can not accept the project file only or can not accept every single file? I mean other formats.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your firewall settings. It could be that it's blocking After Effects from sending information to AME.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there - having the same problem. When I create a new project in Ae, it will export it to Media Encoder fine; when I try to render an older project (not Old old, just from a previous version of Ae), it doesn't show up in ME. I'm up to date on latest version, with latest NVidia drivers, etc. I've also tried:

• importing the old project into a new one
  • disabling my VPN
  • swearing at it

...none of which has worked. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Andy (:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Szalam LATEST
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an issue with the 17.0.6 update to AE that affects some people using certain plugins in the project (it seems - there's a lot of info floating around about it). Anyway, the short answer is try rolling back to 17.0.5 (boo) or start using the public beta (yay!). The public beta of AE is great and it's all I'm using at my freelance studio these days.

Or you can do what I usually do and output an intermediate file (like ProRes) from AE and then bring that into AME to make your deliverable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines