Highlighted

Upgrades reset footage interpretation attribute to default.

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our studio is currently stuck with version 17.02.1

We have many hundreds of project files each with between 30-50 footage clips. Upgrading resets "Preserve RGB" within the footage interpretation, back to default color management.

It's just beyond me how this could be overlooked in a professional application.

Was hoping to write a script to allow us to upgrage and run the script when opening our project files to reset all footage to Preserver RGB. However, it seems there's no scripting control over this aspect of footage interpretation.

I realize this setting is in the color management tab of the interpret footage dialog box, but how could this be so forgotton? 

This is ok if you're making videos for youtube, but studios need more attention to detail. Maybe AE is not the right tool for large scale studio operations any more?

TOPICS
Error or problem, Scripting, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Upgrades reset footage interpretation attribute to default.

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our studio is currently stuck with version 17.02.1

We have many hundreds of project files each with between 30-50 footage clips. Upgrading resets "Preserve RGB" within the footage interpretation, back to default color management.

It's just beyond me how this could be overlooked in a professional application.

Was hoping to write a script to allow us to upgrage and run the script when opening our project files to reset all footage to Preserver RGB. However, it seems there's no scripting control over this aspect of footage interpretation.

I realize this setting is in the color management tab of the interpret footage dialog box, but how could this be so forgotton? 

This is ok if you're making videos for youtube, but studios need more attention to detail. Maybe AE is not the right tool for large scale studio operations any more?

TOPICS
Error or problem, Scripting, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 12, 2020 0

Have something to add?