• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploading crisp animation to Instagram

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've searched and viewed countless tutorials and advice on how to upload the best video quality to Instagram to deal with their heavy compression, but I still get hazy uploads regardless. I deal with a lot of animation work (mainly 2D) and I lose all the crisp edges and other elements like texture when uploaded. The artists I follow on Instagram always seem to have great quality uploads, and I can't achieve this and it's so frustrating! I've reached out to a few and hand some answers back, but it still hasn't worked. 

If it helps, I've uploaded an image example. The one on the left is one of my uploads, and the right is that of an artist I follow. His lines and edges are so crips, and I still have that haze. Is there any definitive way that I can get over this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import and export , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What resolution is your composition?  If your footage elements are pixel-based (like PSDs, JPGs and video files) what resolution are they?  It looks like the edges of your text is pixelated from low resolution rendering.

Ideally, you should work at 1080x1080 pixels for Instagram. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do work at 1080x1080, have also recently been testing at 2160x2160 with an hls noise effect added, and rendered at 'match source-high bit rate, that was recommended to me by an artist I follow. This doesn't seem to have worked either. There are others tests I've made with a vbr2 pass that doesn't help much either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instagram like all social networks compress a lot, however, I see that the artist does not stretch the letters and uses a black stroke, you try not to stretch the letters and use a dark or preferably black border. In addition, this depends too on the size of the footage and the composition, these data are important to try to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm aware of this, but I'm looking for some advice from anyone that has solved this problem and could recommend some settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you working with pixels from PSD or JPG or PNG, or are you working with vectors like Illustrator graphics? If you are working with vector try activate the Continuously Rasterize in layer.  

Captura de pantalla 2020-06-19 a la(s) 21.14.49.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines