• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use AEGP_SetCompDownsampleFactor to set 100% resolution

Contributor ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the comp, the user can have Auto, 100%, 50%, 33.3% or 25% resolution. My plugin needs to ensure the render is at 100% resolution. Can I use AEGP_SetCompDownsampleFactor to set the resolution to 100% ? In this case, is the 100% just for the current frame or the entire comp ?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, you can but there are a few concernes that would make going this route highly problematic:

1. when do you need to make the change? since CC2015, this change can only happen on the UI thread, to which you might not get relevant calls during a user's work session. the change might be happening on a higher comp nesting downwads, so no UI call is triggered. or perhaps the user has sent a low res render, which shouldn't be changed...
2. hijacking the downsample settings for a single effect's use... that can piss a user off. it would change the whole comp's behaviour, which might cause some nasty slowdown due to other layers and effects present.

i'd suggest you go with AEGP_RenderAndCheckoutLayerFrame, which can be called during render, and can be used to retrieve a full res input regardless of the current downsample state of the comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I made this change in UserChangedParam and did not work as expected. Your answer clears that part.

2. True. But I am using this for an app that needs all rendered frames before proceeding.

Your answer is spot on, as always. Thank you - AEGP_RenderAndCheckoutLayerFrame seems to be the answer.

On a related note, I want to access all frames in the comp during the current render. In SmartRender I need a unique checkout_idL for each frame, while in Render I can just checkout all frames using the PF_CHECKOUT_PARAM and then PF_CHECKIN_PARAM

In a previous thread you stated - I assume defining an ID outside of the parameter range might produce unexpected results when sequence data is cloned/effects are copied.

Does this mean, that if I need to access all frames in the comp in the current render, I only have the option of using Render and not SmartRender ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, that doesn't mean that. PF_CHECKOUT_PARAM  can still be used in SmartRender. it differs from "CheckoutLayerPixels" by that the latter fetches the result with masks and previous effects rendered, which the former doesn't.

as for the ID mixup on effect copy/clone, i'm not sure what you're refering to. can you clarify and share a link to the post you're referring to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/checkout-previous-frame-in-smart-render/m-p/10943196?pa...

Also, in UpdateParameterUI, AEGP_SetProjectBitDepth works but AEGP_SetCompDownsampleFactor does not. Any idea why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines