• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use Camera in comp to track Null Object that's inside a pre-comp

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a video template for Facebook ads in After Effects and am doing everything I can to make sure that I can duplicate the work for each of my clients quickly.

One way I'm doing this is by having pre-comps titled "Video Clip A" or "Video Clip B", and then using those inside of larger compositions, ones that are 9:16, 16:9, and 1:1. 

The problem is, I want to create a null object inside "Video Clip A" that moves with the subject, so that the important areas of the video are showing in the 9:16 and 1:1 versions of the video. If I put the object in the final comps instead of on the video clips, it would mean having to re-do it about 100,000 times (a bit of an exaggeration, but you catch my drift).

Does anyone know of a way to set tracking for pre-comps so that it can be used to move the camera inside larger compositions?

TOPICS
Dynamic link

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easily set up using simple pick whip expressions to connect the position data. the only real caveat may be that you are going to need some layer space transforms like toComp() to account for the different comp siztes and aspect ratios as well as possibly having to include additional offsets that could be dialled in with sliders or whatever. Start by doing a simple web search and actualyl reading the online help on expressions. There's tons of tutorials on such stuff and even just browsing this forum will bring up enough answers, as similar stuff literally comes up once a week.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you render a production master from the largest comp using a visually lossless format instead of an MP4 you can load the footage into Premiere Pro, create a sequence, then use the built-in tools to automatically export different versions to different social media and streaming platforms. All the required tools are in Premiere Pro. 

If you need more specific help a couple of screenshots, one with a flow chart that is expanded, and one showing the render comp with the null and the master comp (nested comp) would help us help you. If all you need to do is reframe the master I would just go with the export in Premiere Pro option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines