• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User options dialog for AEIO plugin

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on an existing frame-based AEIO export plugin closely based on the FBIO AfterEffects SDK example.

I now want to extend the functionality to allow a user to select the desired output format, and implementing a user options dialog to be called by clicking "Format Options..." from the Output Module Settings dialog (i.e. using the AEIO_UserOptionsDialog callback):

options.png

The only UI elements needed would be a simple dropdown, checkboxes, radio buttons, etc - exactly like the TIFF and PNG exporter options, with the standard AfterEffects look-and-feel:tiff.png

png.png

However, the SDK doesn't have any examples for this specific scenario, and searching this community forum suggests any such options dialog must be written with native OS window code (Javascript UI scripts cannot be used as they cannot be called from the Output Module Settings dialog box, because it's modal), or a suitable cross-platform windowing framework used (e.g. Qt, wxWidgets).

Is this truly the case? Is there no example code for the user options dialog code from the TIFF and PNG exporters, or similar?

Regards,

Derek.

   

TOPICS
SDK , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?