• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

using image url to import and display image

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really like the feature using a csv-file to create a slideshow. It is easy setting up expressions for the strings. Love it! But in my csv-file each row has an url to an image. How do I write an expression to grab that image, import it and display it?
Thank you for any help.

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Expressions , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Expressions in After Effects cannot access a web browser, go to a URL, download the to a specific directory and then import the file into the Project, access the file, and then import it into a timeline. You would need at least three custom apps for that, and they would not talk to each other. Expressions can only access source files that have already been imported into AE or other layers in a comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I've downloaded all the images and importet them manually. I have the filenames in the csv. Is it possible, by expressions, to loop through all the images using the csv-filenames?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the best you could do would be to load all the images into your comp, each with an opacity expression linked to your csv data to determine if that layer should be visible or not.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such thing. At best you could create a script that contacts the server, downloads the image, imports it and replaces it on the timeline, but even that would be complex due to security considerations and other limitations in network access with scripts.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines