Highlighted

Using Markers to trigger “blink” on time remapped Eyes layer

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a character animation and have an eyes layer that opens and closes with time remapping. When the time remap is set to 0 the eyes are completely closed and when it's at 10 they are wide open. I would like to be able to use a Marker to trigger an occasional blink to 0 for about three frames and then ease in to return to whatever the original value was. I'm having trouble finding an expression that allows me to do this with Markers.

Topics

Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Using Markers to trigger “blink” on time remapped Eyes layer

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a character animation and have an eyes layer that opens and closes with time remapping. When the time remap is set to 0 the eyes are completely closed and when it's at 10 they are wide open. I would like to be able to use a Marker to trigger an occasional blink to 0 for about three frames and then ease in to return to whatever the original value was. I'm having trouble finding an expression that allows me to do this with Markers.

Topics

Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Guide ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this is not the whole solution, but:

//get time of next marker - next marker always updates while time increases
nextMarkerTime = marker.nearestKey(time).time;

//map markertime against time, result will be negative, when marker is reached, it counts up from 0
time - nextMarkerTime;

This will close eyes whenever a marker is reached and will open them over 10 frames again.

Also check out Dan Ebberts Blink expressions. It works with random time spans, so no control, but great result.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines