Highlighted

Using .MXF files?

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm shooting on an Canon C300 (.mxf file format) and would like to edit in after effects. 
Are there any issues using this file type with after effects or do I need to transcode? It opens fine - but wanting to double check first. I would also like to do some basic colour grading in AE.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Using .MXF files?

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm shooting on an Canon C300 (.mxf file format) and would like to edit in after effects. 
Are there any issues using this file type with after effects or do I need to transcode? It opens fine - but wanting to double check first. I would also like to do some basic colour grading in AE.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 03, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it opens then there's nothing more to say, honestly. there are no hidden settings or switches for this stuff. Either it works or it doesn't. MXF is a conatiner format, anyway, so if there were any issues, you'd have to give us exact info about your recording settings so people could advisde on how to change them.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2020 0