Highlighted

Using Rotoscope in After Effects

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe After Effects 2019.

I tried rotoscoping using this software but I can not put the tracing line on the object I want to rotoscope. When i click on object, the pink tracing line created by the rotoscope tool appears on the edges of the Layer tab rather than on edges of the object. 

Please how do I solve this problem?

TOPICS
Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Using Rotoscope in After Effects

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe After Effects 2019.

I tried rotoscoping using this software but I can not put the tracing line on the object I want to rotoscope. When i click on object, the pink tracing line created by the rotoscope tool appears on the edges of the Layer tab rather than on edges of the object. 

Please how do I solve this problem?

TOPICS
Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are trying to use Rotobrush. Rotoscope is masking by hand. Rotobrush is the After Effects semi-automated way of creating a mask by checking the color, contrast, and edge detail between pixels. Rotobrush will not work on all images.  You may need to do some color correction or enhance details in a video or image sequence before Rotobrush can be effectively used. There were also some bugs in Rotobrush in previous builds of AE. 

First, make sure that. your version of After Effects is up to date. Make sure that your project settings and your preferences are set up correctly to use your GPU. And last, post a screenshot or a frame from the shot you are trying to use. We might be able to make some suggestions that will simplify the process. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2020 0