Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using the Plug-in "Saber" on animated text on a path

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Plug-in "Saber" on animated text on a path

The text is on a path, its animated to fly across the scene on the path.
I apply the Saber effect onto the text itself and it looks great, does everything I wanted.

Then I redo the effect to another word and the effect doesn't work.

I made the new text on a different path, animated it going across the scene.

NOTHING DIFFERENT. Then I applied the Saber effect and the text disappears.

I then tried applying the Saber effect to a black solid then to the text, which worked but

I can't animated the text across the scene, the saber animation dose not align with the text animation

making my timing off or it the fire text down move.

PLEASE I need help with this plug-in Saber.

Does anybody know whats going on??????

Thx

Zombie Frog Productions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you upload a screenshot of your composition and timeline panel? Try to press "UU" on your timeline without any layer selected to view any modified properties and share it with us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not provided any system info or details, so it's unlikely anyone will be able to give you a useful answer. just saying that something doesn't work is never a good way to ask for help.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like nothing but user error to me. Select the layer where the Saber effect works and press the U key twice to examine all of the properties you modified on that layer. Do the same with the layer that doesn't work and then verify the differences. I suspect the problem is the blend mode in Saber's render settings.

I would never apply Saber to a text layer because the effect would be limited to the bounds of the layer. The normal practice would be to add a comp-sized solid and apply saber to the layer and render on transparent. You would then just copy and paste the mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out, Turns out that saber likes to be at the very beginning of the timeline,then you just have to precomp it then you can move it in the timeline.If you make any changes to the animation to the source, saber will start freaking out. Just have to purge the disk memory then your good.Just in case if anybody runs into this issue.

But thanks guys. Thank you,

Robert MacLean                                                                    (808) 861-1002  

www.zombiefrogproductions.com                        zombiefrogproductions@yahoo.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please explain this in more detail? I am currently having the same issue and it is stressing me out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for posting your observation and solution! Video Copilot is awesome but all of their products have quirks and bugs requiring workarounds like this. Thanks again for sharing, you saved me a day of stress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines