Highlighted

Using the Position parameter in 3D

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings! Thank you for looking. I have an object in 3D space moving from point A to point B. Point A is very far away from point B on the Z axis. When I keyframe the move, all 3 parameters start changing. I would like X and Y to stay still for a bit. I'm pretty sure I've seen the parameters stacked with individual keyframe clocks. Any ideas?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Using the Position parameter in 3D

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings! Thank you for looking. I have an object in 3D space moving from point A to point B. Point A is very far away from point B on the Z axis. When I keyframe the move, all 3 parameters start changing. I would like X and Y to stay still for a bit. I'm pretty sure I've seen the parameters stacked with individual keyframe clocks. Any ideas?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the layer rotated and you use the cursors to move the layer in the Comp Panel then all 3 position values will change unless you have the cursor options in the toolbar set to World Axis. There are 3 Axis modes for the 3D cursor. The default is Local, then World,  then View. If you have a 3D camera and the view is set to View mode then dragging the Z-axis in the Comp panel will move the layer directly away from the camera. If you have the World Axis mode selected, dragging the Z-axis will move the layer in Z only. If you have the Local Axis mode, dragging the Z-axis will move the layer straight back on it's Z-axis so if the layer is rotated a bit in X, Y, and Z all 3 values will change.

You can separate dimensions for position properties only, but if you just want to move in Z then the timeline is your best option for accurately positioning a layer. 

If you have no idea what the 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0