Highlighted

Using Track Mattes to Mask out Footage But Keeping the Color from the Bottom Layer

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a layer that has shifted the channels to separate the subject from the background (shift channel, adjust levels, then shift channel again to take alpha to luminance) and I am trying to use said layer to Mask out the subject from the background (original footage inthe layer below it), however when setting the Track Matte to Luma or Alpha the clip will retain the color from the Track Matte footage! I would like to know how to allow the footage to retain its color from the footage of the orginal clip using a track matte. What am I doing wrong? What can I do? Please help me trouble shoot this problem and I hope with your help this can be solved!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Using Track Mattes to Mask out Footage But Keeping the Color from the Bottom Layer

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a layer that has shifted the channels to separate the subject from the background (shift channel, adjust levels, then shift channel again to take alpha to luminance) and I am trying to use said layer to Mask out the subject from the background (original footage inthe layer below it), however when setting the Track Matte to Luma or Alpha the clip will retain the color from the Track Matte footage! I would like to know how to allow the footage to retain its color from the footage of the orginal clip using a track matte. What am I doing wrong? What can I do? Please help me trouble shoot this problem and I hope with your help this can be solved!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello for future folks, after much trouble shooting I have solved the problem. Be sure to only make the clip connected to the track matte visible (the matte layer non-visible).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0