Highlighted

Video and audio slow/lagging in preview and export

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am relatively new to AE, and created a project over the last few days that worked perfectly (no lagging, exported through Media Encoder, everything worked great). I am working on a new project, and immediately found problems.

1. The audio that I am importing goes from fine to incredibly slow, back to fine, etc. If I am in the middle of a slow section and I hit pause, then play again, the audio is fine for a couple seconds, then goes back to slow.

2. The video that I am uploading is having the same issues, is skipping frames in preview and export, and is terrible quality (even though my recordings and settings are all high quality)

I have scoured the forums and tried everything (clearing cache and memory, uploading audio in all different formats, restarting computer, etc.) but nothing seems to help. 

After it was working perfectly yesterday I am extremely confused why today (with the new project) all of these issues are coming up. Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be causing this?

TOPICS
Audio, Import and export, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Video and audio slow/lagging in preview and export

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am relatively new to AE, and created a project over the last few days that worked perfectly (no lagging, exported through Media Encoder, everything worked great). I am working on a new project, and immediately found problems.

1. The audio that I am importing goes from fine to incredibly slow, back to fine, etc. If I am in the middle of a slow section and I hit pause, then play again, the audio is fine for a couple seconds, then goes back to slow.

2. The video that I am uploading is having the same issues, is skipping frames in preview and export, and is terrible quality (even though my recordings and settings are all high quality)

I have scoured the forums and tried everything (clearing cache and memory, uploading audio in all different formats, restarting computer, etc.) but nothing seems to help. 

After it was working perfectly yesterday I am extremely confused why today (with the new project) all of these issues are coming up. Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be causing this?

TOPICS
Audio, Import and export, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 12, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No offense, but that's one of those "Written a lot, daid nothing" cases. You have not provided any info on your system, your render settings, what's going on in your project, what files you are working with. That said, all your issues pretty much indicate that you are having issues with hardware acceleration and the caches, which could be due to inadequate hardware to begin with, but most often boils down to bad configuration. So start by checking the relevant settings and preferences, update your graphics drivers and so on.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2020 0