Highlighted

Video editing

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! im new to adobe after affects and video editing in general and i just have a question, Is it possible to use after affects as a full time video editing app for gaming videos im going to be posting to youtube fo my channel? it seems like a pretty complex program and in so new to all of this video editing like some of the videos i see on the games i play (world of warcraft) mainly, ill be making guide videos to show how to complete acheivements quests etc. so if anyone has expirience enough to throughly give me some solid advice id really appreciate the reply!

TOPICS
FAQ, How to, Resources, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Video editing

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! im new to adobe after affects and video editing in general and i just have a question, Is it possible to use after affects as a full time video editing app for gaming videos im going to be posting to youtube fo my channel? it seems like a pretty complex program and in so new to all of this video editing like some of the videos i see on the games i play (world of warcraft) mainly, ill be making guide videos to show how to complete acheivements quests etc. so if anyone has expirience enough to throughly give me some solid advice id really appreciate the reply!

TOPICS
FAQ, How to, Resources, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I would recommend to do is as follows.

1. You capure your gaming videos. You may need to use some tools to capture them.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=video+game+capture+hdmi&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

2. You import them into After Effects.

3. You edit and export them for Youtube. You need to check the format Youtube supports before you export them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible to do everything in after effects but ae is not optimized for video editing. It would be a slow process to edit and a slow process for outputting content. I'd recommend premiere and leave after-effects to what it is best for: motion design, titles, animation, VFX, etc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE is not a video editor and to make matters worse it doesn't play well with certain oddities that screen captured videos from games have liek variable framerates, so it would be a terrible idea to exclusively rely on it. As the others already suggested, have a look at Premiere Pro or other "real" editing programs and only use AE for fancying things up after you've assembled your clips.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0