Highlighted

Video from PSD file not playing in After Effects

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a Photoshop created collage in After Effects which contains a video file.  The video is not moving in AE though.  

When opening the PSD in AE, I selected the options:

Composition - Retain Layer Sizes

Editable Layer Styles

The file does open with all the layers but I am getting an error that say "After Effects error: Problem with Photoshop document.  Missing Footage in the file."

Not sure why it would say that as the video works fine and exports fine in photoshop.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Video from PSD file not playing in After Effects

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a Photoshop created collage in After Effects which contains a video file.  The video is not moving in AE though.  

When opening the PSD in AE, I selected the options:

Composition - Retain Layer Sizes

Editable Layer Styles

The file does open with all the layers but I am getting an error that say "After Effects error: Problem with Photoshop document.  Missing Footage in the file."

Not sure why it would say that as the video works fine and exports fine in photoshop.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 16, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing wrong here. AE does not support video smart objects in PSDs. The video needs to be imported separately and be integrated natively in the AE timeline.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0