Highlighted

Video Playback Issue

New Here ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm very new to After Effects. So far I've only imported pictures in my projects. When I imported a video, the preview was out of sync. Audio is playing at normal speed, but the frames slowed down. It's not lag though, it's like the video is in slow-mo (visually) with the audio playing in the background normally. I've messed around with the composition settings already, and created a separate project with just that one video, but still nothing. And the video itself has no problem when I played it in Quicktime. Please help! (I'm not familiar with overly technical terms though, I'm new and I'm no editor, just playing around for fun cuz it might come in handy in the future).

TOPICS
Error or problem, FAQ, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Video Playback Issue

New Here ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm very new to After Effects. So far I've only imported pictures in my projects. When I imported a video, the preview was out of sync. Audio is playing at normal speed, but the frames slowed down. It's not lag though, it's like the video is in slow-mo (visually) with the audio playing in the background normally. I've messed around with the composition settings already, and created a separate project with just that one video, but still nothing. And the video itself has no problem when I played it in Quicktime. Please help! (I'm not familiar with overly technical terms though, I'm new and I'm no editor, just playing around for fun cuz it might come in handy in the future).

TOPICS
Error or problem, FAQ, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 23, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by reading the online help on how previews in AE actually work and then some extended info on footage interpretation and that. Beyond that if you think this is some other issue you have to provide system information and other technical details liek actual composition settings, footage types, sample rates, frame rates and so on.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2020 0