• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

video preview screen black

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just rendered a small part of my edit on after effects and I converted it to .mp4 with handbrake and I went back to the edit on after effects, I could play it but the preview screen was black but I could still see text and overlays, i could still hear the audio as well. My eye icon is not disabled and my correct comp is chosen and its not zoomed in. I've been struggling with after effects recently with crashing and freezing but this is just really annoying.

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 7.38.40 pm.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac mid-2012 60GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another thing i have just realised, i just closed it and re opened it and now the audio thing is not there and the video does have audio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well it looks like you are using After Effects to edit a movie that is almost 40 seconds long. That may be your first mistake. Then you said you converted a render of one of the comp - don't know which one from the screenshot, to an MP4 using Handbrake. Why would you do that? MP4's are highly compressed, introduce both compression artifacts and color artifacts, and they do not support Alpha Channels. It looks like your composition is full of transparency. I am assuming that the anidala.mp4 that is not selected in the comp panel is the problem file. Is the MP4 the entire nearly 40-second comp in your screenshot? That comp's frame rate and the MP4's frame rate match, but most of the other comps in the project panel are different and the comp at the top is completely nonstandard.  The selected comp in the timeline also shows that it has transparency, if that is important, any MP4 rendered from that comp is going to have a black background.

Please explain exactly what you are trying to do. If you need to render a digital intermediate to use as a source for more effects or for edit then you should choose a visually lossless, frame-based format designed for use in a standard production workflow. MP4's are for distribution to the public.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines