• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video randomly freezes on the first frame: please help this video is due tomorrow lmao

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cessisig_0-1591207273552.png

For this project, I need two videos to be made. The first one had minor frame glitches but I had the mentality of "I don't have the time to finish this, just leave it and move to the next one." But when I got to the next video, around 5 seconds in the frame glitch is so extreme it doesn't play the video at all for a whole minute and the audio is only played in the background. I'm not an after effects expert, so I'm not sure what information needs to be provided to fix this. I've never messed with any settings so I assume they are on the standard settings, and I have cleared my memory and disk cache because another post said to do that. The video settings are the standard iPhone recording settings, 1920 x 1080 downloaded from Google drive onto my computer. The video is perfectly fine outside of AE, but the problem only occurs when using AE.

I desperately need to fix my physics grade bro help

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Start by updating your system's graphics driver and check the relevant hardware acceleration settings in the preferences, the preview panel, the comp viewer. If hardware acceleration somehow still won't coopoerate, switch to software-based modes only. Also flush out any disk caches to prevent corruption just because AE wrongly thinks it may have decoded frames already.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by updating your system's graphics driver and check the relevant hardware acceleration settings in the preferences, the preview panel, the comp viewer. If hardware acceleration somehow still won't coopoerate, switch to software-based modes only. Also flush out any disk caches to prevent corruption just because AE wrongly thinks it may have decoded frames already.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I'll try that right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines