Highlighted

Video That Isn't Rendering (at all)

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to export my twenty-five second video and After Effects acts like it's rendering but the rendering takes two seconds and the video it exports has a duration of 0:00. The thumbnail is on my desktop but the video isn't there. I have tried rendering with Media Encoder and I still find myself facing the same problem. I run After Effects 2020 on an older MacBook, could that be the issue?

I discovered what I was doing wrong— I didn’t mark the beginning or end of the project, so the computer got confused and didn’t render anything. As someone new to After Effects I didn’t realize that there was one extra step that made all the difference.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Video That Isn't Rendering (at all)

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to export my twenty-five second video and After Effects acts like it's rendering but the rendering takes two seconds and the video it exports has a duration of 0:00. The thumbnail is on my desktop but the video isn't there. I have tried rendering with Media Encoder and I still find myself facing the same problem. I run After Effects 2020 on an older MacBook, could that be the issue?

I discovered what I was doing wrong— I didn’t mark the beginning or end of the project, so the computer got confused and didn’t render anything. As someone new to After Effects I didn’t realize that there was one extra step that made all the difference.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 16, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any exact info this isn't going anywhere. Things like render settings, contents of the project and so on are relevant,  after all. Even the exact model of your MacBook and version of OSX of course may bear influence, but keeping it so vague is just not helpful.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely cause, your work area is set to 1 frame. You can also set the output range in the Media Encoder and the Render Cue's Render Settings. 

If that isn't the problem we need at least your workflow details and screenshots of the modified properties in the render settings.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2020 0