Exit

VR-AfterEffects Renderformats and vr player

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello im trying to solve several problems first of all this are my specs:

Alienware Area-51m Specs

-17,3" FHD (1.920 x 1.080) 144 Hz, IPS, NVIDIA GSYNC, Eyesafe(R) Display Technologie und Tobii
Eyetracking
SR 1
-(PROCESSOR) Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K der 9. Generation (8
Core, 16M

- (GRAPHIC CARD) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 (OC
Ready) 

- (DRIVES) PCIe-M.2-SSD 256 GB + Hybrid-Drive
with 1 TB (+ 8-GB-SSHD)

-(RAM) 32GB 2x16GB DDR4-2400MHz

Im working on a animation in After effects thats supposed to be in Virtual Reality afterwords.I use the vr comp editor .

Unfortunately when i want to render out, it wil take 50 Hours! for 10 min of 4 K material. Is that reasonable? Even if i want to look at it in AE for like 2 Sec even if its half resolution it will take forever.

Also i tried to render out monoscopic , over and under  and besides , but somehow i only can choose monoscopic in the player  vive video to look at it. But the stiches will not add up when im in the animation. I attached a picture of it that hopefully makes more sense to what im saying.

Or is there another way to render out and too look at the material in other vr player?

Thanks a lot!

Oscar

TOPICS
How to , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

50 hours is total reasonable, yes. You should invest in more RAM and Rendergarden or the other ones, to speed this up.

But yes, 4K 360 material is a good AE killer, even on a high end computer.

I cannot make sense out of your picture, it hardly look like a requirectengular projection, but I can be wrong.

For preview, the GoPro VR Player is quiet good. You can switch projections and 3D modes (SB, LR, ...) very easy.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot for your answer! and here i am and thought im ready to produce :))))

defently will look at rendergarden!

maybe im not thinking logical:

Basically i have a Vectoranimation in a 3d space with a  tracking shot into the animation. For presentation  purposes i thought its easier to render out a video. But the final product will be probably in Unreal in real 3d.

Virtually if im in the animation throught the camera, is it possible to look around 360 and everything will patch up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines