Highlighted

VR Comp Editor output/render different than edit bay

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The short version of my problem: In two separate timelines that use the AE 3D Camera Tracker, clicking Open Output/Render results in an incorrect output.

Computer specs:

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC (OS build 17763.737)
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1660 v4 @ 3.2GHz
32 GB RAM
64 bit
Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro M2000 v442.50

Long version...

Instance 1: Scene is inside a flying helicopter. I added a 3D edit, masked out the window that showed the ground moving by outside, motion-tracked it, created a camera, and attached a corporate logo in 3D space. Then I right-clicked one of the motion-tracked points and added a shadow-catcher and light. Looks fine in the edit window, and it plays back as it should:

Edit 1 (3D) view.png

But when I click Open Output/Render, the shadow-catcher shows up as a white layer (a problem not unique to this project for me).

VR2 Output view.png

The good thing is that the logo and shadow-catcher track along the ground as they should, which is why the next problem is particularly frustrating.

Instance 2: Scene is inside an office. A host holds the camera while walking through the room to talk about two services provided there. It’s essentially a side-scroll movement.

Once again, I applied an AE 3D Camera Tracker to the entire clip (no masking this time), created a camera and got some good tracking points on the ceiling, to which I attached basic text (built right there in 3D space in the edit window, not separate pre-comps or graphics) identifying the two halves of the room. Again, within the edit, it looks as it should and tracks beautifully:

ELC text in edit window 2.png

But then, when I click Open Output/Render, both text bits do not track and are too low on the Y axis.

ELC text in output-render.png

So my problems in summary:

1. Shadow catcher shows white in output/render

2. Text in 3D space on motion-tracked scene doesn't track in output/render

I’m wondering if my GPU isn’t up to the task. The NVIDIA Quadro M2000 is a bit outdated, and although I have its latest firmware installed, I’m wondering if it just might not be enough. It’s a 4 GB card, but maybe this kind of VR work needs more? I don’t know.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

VR Comp Editor output/render different than edit bay

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The short version of my problem: In two separate timelines that use the AE 3D Camera Tracker, clicking Open Output/Render results in an incorrect output.

Computer specs:

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC (OS build 17763.737)
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1660 v4 @ 3.2GHz
32 GB RAM
64 bit
Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro M2000 v442.50

Long version...

Instance 1: Scene is inside a flying helicopter. I added a 3D edit, masked out the window that showed the ground moving by outside, motion-tracked it, created a camera, and attached a corporate logo in 3D space. Then I right-clicked one of the motion-tracked points and added a shadow-catcher and light. Looks fine in the edit window, and it plays back as it should:

Edit 1 (3D) view.png

But when I click Open Output/Render, the shadow-catcher shows up as a white layer (a problem not unique to this project for me).

VR2 Output view.png

The good thing is that the logo and shadow-catcher track along the ground as they should, which is why the next problem is particularly frustrating.

Instance 2: Scene is inside an office. A host holds the camera while walking through the room to talk about two services provided there. It’s essentially a side-scroll movement.

Once again, I applied an AE 3D Camera Tracker to the entire clip (no masking this time), created a camera and got some good tracking points on the ceiling, to which I attached basic text (built right there in 3D space in the edit window, not separate pre-comps or graphics) identifying the two halves of the room. Again, within the edit, it looks as it should and tracks beautifully:

ELC text in edit window 2.png

But then, when I click Open Output/Render, both text bits do not track and are too low on the Y axis.

ELC text in output-render.png

So my problems in summary:

1. Shadow catcher shows white in output/render

2. Text in 3D space on motion-tracked scene doesn't track in output/render

I’m wondering if my GPU isn’t up to the task. The NVIDIA Quadro M2000 is a bit outdated, and although I have its latest firmware installed, I’m wondering if it just might not be enough. It’s a 4 GB card, but maybe this kind of VR work needs more? I don’t know.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 16, 2020 0

Have something to add?