• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Walls are not being tracked while using Track Camera option

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I have been using After Effects CC 2020 latest version. I used my cellphone to record a video of my room. The same video has been imported to my composition. However, when I am using the camera tracking option to track the camera movement, it doesn't show any tracking point on the walls. I have watched so many tutorials online and in those, the wall has some tracker points as well.

However, I don't get any tracker points on my wall. I want to insert the image of a phone on the wall but I am unable to do so because of this issue. Screenshots and sample video have been attached. Please help me out.

Doubt.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

The camera tracker needs a significant amount of detail to find something to track. There is no detail at all on the purple wall. The camera move is also a Tripod Pan that moves about 180º so the solution is even more difficult. Even if you added some detail to the wall you are probably going to have to cut the shot up into two or three sections and try and get a decent camera track on each of the pieces. 

There is not enough detail on your wall to even get corner pin tracking to work. When yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera tracker needs a significant amount of detail to find something to track. There is no detail at all on the purple wall. The camera move is also a Tripod Pan that moves about 180º so the solution is even more difficult. Even if you added some detail to the wall you are probably going to have to cut the shot up into two or three sections and try and get a decent camera track on each of the pieces. 

There is not enough detail on your wall to even get corner pin tracking to work. When you want to add something to a scene you need to carefully plan and execute the shot so that the tools that are used to track, place, and create mattes have something to work with. Your shot has nothing on the wall to work with and very little in the foreground. I doubt you can get any kind of successful camera solution from the shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! I'll definitely look into this 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines