Highlighted

Warp stabilizer & Masking

Engaged ,
Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe community, hoping you can help. 

I've used the warp stabilizer on the below clip, i'm pretty happy with the results but as you can probably see at 0:00:02:57 - 0:00:05:24 a strange dip happens. Could anyone recommend an easy to follow way of fixing this, is it even possible? any help would be welcomed. Basically i don't want that dip to happen... I've played around with the smoothing from 50% up to 500% and it still reamins.

Secondly - During the same video, you can probably see some dirt marks on the floor and a bit of plastic hanging off the gaslift. 

I wanted to mask this out to fix it up a bit but my masking tool is acting quite strange.

When i use the eclipse tool for example, the selected area of the circle is just outside of where it should be. it's quite hard to discrible so hopefully the attached image will help. The same thing happens with the pen tool, argueable worse, i will select an area and for some reason the actually masked area it's removing is way off my selected area.

How can i fix this and why is it happening? 

Video:

[video]

Image:

Capture.JPG

Hi there, most likelly the footage you have stabilized had a dip or wobble mid shot and the Warp Stabilizer has smoothed it out but not removed it. You have tried changing the smoothness which is the main step. You sholud also try changing the 'Method' as sometimes 'Subspace Warp' exadurates distortion which can cause this sort of distraction.

Also you could try running a 'Detailed Analysis' under the Advanced options. Finally, you could PreCompose the stabalized shot and try running the Warp Stabilizer a second time on the already stabilized shot.

The masking issue you have is due to the way After Effects applies Masks prior to Effects so the Warp is affecting the image but not the mask. This can be solved a few ways. Firstly by simply by PreComposing the results from the Warp Stablizer and then adding the mask. A second way is to use a 'Track Matte' rather than a mask on the actual footage.

Hope some of that helps;)

Topics

How to, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Warp stabilizer & Masking

Engaged ,
Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe community, hoping you can help. 

I've used the warp stabilizer on the below clip, i'm pretty happy with the results but as you can probably see at 0:00:02:57 - 0:00:05:24 a strange dip happens. Could anyone recommend an easy to follow way of fixing this, is it even possible? any help would be welcomed. Basically i don't want that dip to happen... I've played around with the smoothing from 50% up to 500% and it still reamins.

Secondly - During the same video, you can probably see some dirt marks on the floor and a bit of plastic hanging off the gaslift. 

I wanted to mask this out to fix it up a bit but my masking tool is acting quite strange.

When i use the eclipse tool for example, the selected area of the circle is just outside of where it should be. it's quite hard to discrible so hopefully the attached image will help. The same thing happens with the pen tool, argueable worse, i will select an area and for some reason the actually masked area it's removing is way off my selected area.

How can i fix this and why is it happening? 

Video:

[video]

Image:

Capture.JPG

Hi there, most likelly the footage you have stabilized had a dip or wobble mid shot and the Warp Stabilizer has smoothed it out but not removed it. You have tried changing the smoothness which is the main step. You sholud also try changing the 'Method' as sometimes 'Subspace Warp' exadurates distortion which can cause this sort of distraction.

Also you could try running a 'Detailed Analysis' under the Advanced options. Finally, you could PreCompose the stabalized shot and try running the Warp Stabilizer a second time on the already stabilized shot.

The masking issue you have is due to the way After Effects applies Masks prior to Effects so the Warp is affecting the image but not the mask. This can be solved a few ways. Firstly by simply by PreComposing the results from the Warp Stablizer and then adding the mask. A second way is to use a 'Track Matte' rather than a mask on the actual footage.

Topics

How to, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soho Editors - John

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines