Highlighted

Warp Stabilizer Tracking Points Selection Not to Scale

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So I took a piece of footage from premiere to AE to apply a warp stabilizer to it. After analyzing it I see some odd warping so I want to remove some the track points from the footage. I go to advanced, turn tracking points on and raise the size so I can see them. There are multiple I need to select so I try to use the lasso tool to select an area of tracking points.

The problem is when holding down the selection, it only selecting (grey area) a small portion of the upper left side of the footage, even though I’m hovering over the middle of the footage. I think it’s a preview scaling issue I just don’t now how to match where I am selecting versus what AE thinks I’m selecting. I am totally lost on how to fix this.

TOPICS
Dynamic link, How to, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Warp Stabilizer Tracking Points Selection Not to Scale

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So I took a piece of footage from premiere to AE to apply a warp stabilizer to it. After analyzing it I see some odd warping so I want to remove some the track points from the footage. I go to advanced, turn tracking points on and raise the size so I can see them. There are multiple I need to select so I try to use the lasso tool to select an area of tracking points.

The problem is when holding down the selection, it only selecting (grey area) a small portion of the upper left side of the footage, even though I’m hovering over the middle of the footage. I think it’s a preview scaling issue I just don’t now how to match where I am selecting versus what AE thinks I’m selecting. I am totally lost on how to fix this.

TOPICS
Dynamic link, How to, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 20, 2019 3
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's a known issue/ bug. You'd have to wait for the next update for it to be fixed. In the meantime you can always try to mess with your graphgics card configuration and hardware acceleration settings. Sometimes "dumbing down" AE by forcing everything to run in software-only mode, i.e. turning off accelerated comp viewers and previews, can magically resolve those overlay drawing issues.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.. i will try that. and this wouldn't be a pixel aspect ratio correct?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m experiencing the same issue.. Did you manage to fix it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2020 0
Fourmyle LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been causing me grief too however I found that if I view the footage at 100% then the lasso tool works properly, only at 100% though, any other magnification makes it worse. The mysteries of AE.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0