Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Washed out colours on After Effects when rendering - Using macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

If someone could tell me why when I render the video the colours are washed, please.

I have been trying to render this video in different formats, look at it in different screens but can't make the colour match. I have already check-in project settings and in colour I got sRGB IEC61966-2.1.

This is how it looks in After Effects:

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 3.45.44 pm.png

And this is how it looks in QuickTime or any other video player

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 3.46.17 pm.png

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That green will never cleanly translate to a compressed format like MP4. That much is sure. It's exactly in that weird area between being too blue and not green enough where the MP4 algorithm has limited gamut due to its chroma undersampling because the red component isn't present. The rest are probably just mundane monitor/ system color profile issues, i.e. AE assuming a different color space and profile than the one your system is actually set to. So start by digging into your system settings for these things and also check whether you have accidentally assigned a specific color profile e.g. for the comp preview in AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Mylenium thank you for your help. This is not only happening only when I export in green. Below is another example. I have also tried on a different computer and got the same result

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 9.22.34 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are the colors washed out when you bring the outputted video back into after effects to compare to the original? My guess is this simply either a color space or likely a compression issue. Have you tried outputting in a lossless format? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines