Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird Issue: My After Effects got "pushed back in time"

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there.

I've never experienced anything like this issue, and I can't find any information regarding it. As I was doing some rotoscoping work in the Mocha plug-in my After Effects crashed, which in itself wouldn't be too much of a problem since I had just recently saved. The weird thing is that when I now open up the application, I can see projects that I haven't touched in ten hours instead say they were opened only minutes ago and the project file I was just working in is set back to how it was a couple of hours ago. My whole After Effects has practically jumped back in time!

Have anyone else experienced anything like it and if so have any possible solution to get back to the "present" After Effects file?

Thankful for any kind of help,

/Linus

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linus,

That's bizzare! Never heard of it before.

Have you tried opening auto-saved project files?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. The auto-saves have the same issue. I already redid the work that got lost now, but the thought of it possibly disappearing again no matter how many saves and backup files I make is a bit concerning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is concerning, indeed. I'll share this thread with the After Effects team and keep my eyes open for similar threads on this issue.

Thanks for reporting.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines