Highlighted

Weird pixelated adaptive resolution issue

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In AE 16.1.1 on Mac OS Mojave, I've seen this a few times. My composition window is super pixelated even in a resting state in a simple 3 layer composition.  Adaptive resolution is kicking in for no reason. (whereas typically adaptive resolution kicks in as you're transforming layers/scrubbing, etc.)

If I turn adaptive res off it clears up, but I've never had to do that before. Quarter Half or Full res doesn't matter. In fact it doesn't even bother redrawing when I change preview resolution.

27" iMac 2017, 36gb ram, Radeon 580

Don't know if it means anything, but I noticed AE was taking up 26gb ram at the time, even when I wasn't doing anything. which seemed surprising.

Also questioning if it might be a GPU issue or some aspect of Mojave.

I've hard several other problems since updating to AE 16.1.1 and to Mojave and it's tough to figure out which is causing all the new problems.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Weird pixelated adaptive resolution issue

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In AE 16.1.1 on Mac OS Mojave, I've seen this a few times. My composition window is super pixelated even in a resting state in a simple 3 layer composition.  Adaptive resolution is kicking in for no reason. (whereas typically adaptive resolution kicks in as you're transforming layers/scrubbing, etc.)

If I turn adaptive res off it clears up, but I've never had to do that before. Quarter Half or Full res doesn't matter. In fact it doesn't even bother redrawing when I change preview resolution.

27" iMac 2017, 36gb ram, Radeon 580

Don't know if it means anything, but I noticed AE was taking up 26gb ram at the time, even when I wasn't doing anything. which seemed surprising.

Also questioning if it might be a GPU issue or some aspect of Mojave.

I've hard several other problems since updating to AE 16.1.1 and to Mojave and it's tough to figure out which is causing all the new problems.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 23, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, you've double-checked the comp window to make sure it's not zoomed in more than 100% and the resolution is set to full, correct?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi steveo_tv,

Thanks for reaching out. The display on the preview monitor is dependent on various factors including the effects applied, composition settings, preview resolution, etc.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats your reply to dave... im having the same issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2020 0