Highlighted

Weird RAM preview replay glitch

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to RAM preview something and I got this weird replay an not real time footage. I've tried purging memory and disk cache and Image cahce memory but that didn't seem to help.

I couldn't find anyone else having this problem.

The problem is best explained in this video:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
TOPICS
Audio, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Weird RAM preview replay glitch

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to RAM preview something and I got this weird replay an not real time footage. I've tried purging memory and disk cache and Image cahce memory but that didn't seem to help.

I couldn't find anyone else having this problem.

The problem is best explained in this video:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
TOPICS
Audio, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 08, 2020 0
Guide ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Playback isn't realtime until the frames are cached (green line). If you hit spacebar once, AE starts preview rendering and only in some cases this is fast enough to be considered as playback. The workflow is: preview render a certain part, stop rendering, go back to the start of the green line, hit space again to see the realtime preview.

About the glitch: go through frame by frame. The glitch is most likely in the footage.

Also, I see a weird frame rate of 54.971. This is non standard and AE, as professional video software, won't cope such stuff.

Make your recoding with a video standard and fixed frame rate like solid 30fps.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 1
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it with a 30 fps video but it didn't really solve then problem. Apart from the workflow it sometimes just RAM previews max 10 seconds, which i think is just too little for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 0
Guide ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go through your video frame by frame - not playback, put page-up key - do you see the same glitch?

Is the glitch everytime on the same frame - even after clearing cache and restart or computer?

Is there any frame in the video without game ui (the glitch frame)?

I suggest you make sure that the glitch is not in the footage itself. So you check the video frame by frame in AE until you find the glitching frame. Then open the same video in a video player (DJV has a good frame by frame support, but VLC can do this, too) and go to the frame in question and also have a look at the surrounding one.

Report back with the result.

How many seconds you can preview depends on your RAM capacity and footage. 10 seconds is not unusal.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 0