• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what is the best graphic card for adobe after effects 2080 ti or quadro ???

Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have nvidia geforce gtx 1050 ti ??? iwant to buy new graphic card and i need advice ???

i am about to buy

Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme 11G GDDR6  

is that better choice ??? some friends adviced me to buy quadro card ??? am so confused

i have (48 gb installed ram) (dual xeon processor e5 2690 v3) (2.6 ghz) (z640 worksation) plz HELP

0Capture.JPG

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, this benchmark result may help you to choose a graphic card although this link is a little bit old.

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/After-Effects-CC-2019-NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-Performance-1270...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what about preview brother when i have multiple layers preview become so slow ? is that related to my graphic card or what ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely irrelevant. What little GPU acceleration AE uses won't make any difference between the two cards, meaning the one you have already vs. whatever new one you may end up getting. If at all, such a decision should be determined by the use of specific third-party plug-ins that may extensively use GPU features or things like encoding performance in AME or realtime handling of 4k sequences in Premiere for instance. AE is really the least of your worries here.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what about preview brother when i have multiple layers preview become so slow ? is that related to my graphic card or what ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to what Mylenium wrote, the bottleneck of your system is the Xeon CPU. AE runs best on a Intel i7, i9 or largest and latest Ryzen. With a base clock of 4GHz AE starts to work, higher is better - but don't expect realtime with any of those CPUs. It's just less pain.

Check the puget link Toolfarm posted. They have recent AE benchmarks on their site with different CPUs. Really helpful for hardware decisions. Btw, Xeon is never mentioned in their tests... guess why 😉

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines