Highlighted

what is the best RAM Size for adobe after effects 48 gb or 192 gb ???

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is my worksation is 48gb ram is good or i need to buy extra ram

0100Capture.JPG

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

what is the best RAM Size for adobe after effects 48 gb or 192 gb ???

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is my worksation is 48gb ram is good or i need to buy extra ram

0100Capture.JPG

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 07, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask yourself what workflows you actually have, i.e. what sources are invcolved, what effects, how long your previews need to be and so on. Sure, you could deck out the system fully, but would it ever even be used when all you do is create small graphics for web sites? Also of course simply monitor your task manager whgile working to get an idea about how much RAM is actually being used by AE.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want my suggestion regarding After Effects, put all the RAM that your pocket can handle, without being underfunded and broke. But, to be honest, 48GB is above average so honestly if you make small compositions it is more than enough, if you work on film compositions, put as much RAM as possible in it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are doing heavy rendering on complex projects I would strongly suggest that you get a lot of cores, invest in Render Garden, and then add as much memory as you can. My iMac Pro has 14 cores and 128 GB of ram. A comp that takes about two minutes a frame to render using the standard render cue will render at the rate of about 15 seconds a frame using Render Garden on this machine, and I can keep working in AE or Premiere Pro while the rendering is going on without noticing any slowdown at all. Render Garden will even deliver an MP4 for the client to approve at the same time it is rendering the lossless production masters in 10 bit or better formats for the project.

If all you want is longer previews, go for more ram, but if you want more efficiency, get a good Intel multi-core processor that has a fist full of cores.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 0