Highlighted

What is the editable project format in After Effects(like psd in photoshop)?

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In photoshop,if we import psd file,we can edit it by layers.If there any chance what is the editable video format in after effects?

And second question,we have png for photos some areas are transparent and does not have to be rectangle.What is the format for video like png?(not talking about green screen.)

Topics

Error or problem, How to, Import and export, Resources, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What is the editable project format in After Effects(like psd in photoshop)?

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In photoshop,if we import psd file,we can edit it by layers.If there any chance what is the editable video format in after effects?

And second question,we have png for photos some areas are transparent and does not have to be rectangle.What is the format for video like png?(not talking about green screen.)

Topics

Error or problem, How to, Import and export, Resources, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such thing as a layered video format. why should there even be? Its handling would still be up to editing programs actually supporting it. You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the whole process and the underlying requirements. If you need to exchange data with other programs, you have to render the clips and image sequences. As to what specific formats support transparencies and Alpha channels can be learned in a simple web search and studying the online help....

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont need another program,only use aef,i just want to send my complicated video layers in one project to another computer in editable layered types to make changes easier.

And I also need to reach some pre-made layered video from open sources on internet to make some little changes,as an example,when i found a intro video,i only want to change its text.Other things remain same,if he send me rendered video i cant change text because it is overwrited.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, there is no such thing. If a project/ template is provided in AE format, you need AE to modify it. There is no way to do it differently.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The AEP files are sharable. So are templates. You just have to include the original footage. No way around that at all. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understood now,you say we are using aep,like psd in photoshop.But what is the alpha channeled video format like png?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines