Highlighted

What is this MOGRT error message?

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So NOBOBY knows what this error message is (see below) when I export a MOGRT from After Effects v17.0.2, or how to avoid it?

(BTW: I posted this question back in early February and never got any replies.)

"This property is keyframed.
Keyframes on controls will be ignored in Premiere Pro when the composition is exported as a Motion Graphic template."

Topics

Error or problem, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What is this MOGRT error message?

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So NOBOBY knows what this error message is (see below) when I export a MOGRT from After Effects v17.0.2, or how to avoid it?

(BTW: I posted this question back in early February and never got any replies.)

"This property is keyframed.
Keyframes on controls will be ignored in Premiere Pro when the composition is exported as a Motion Graphic template."

Topics

Error or problem, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Guide ,
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message seemed very clear to me. It tells what the issue is and what is going to happen if you continue.

Please be more specific about what you don't understand.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, but please explain how it is very clear that keyframed graphics exported as MOGRTs are not compatible with Premiere?

FYI - I did explain in my previous post, and received no replies, but my situation isn't even relevant. I just want to know why AE doesn't let you export keyframed MOGRTs.

This from my earlier post...

When I go to export a MOGRT from AE v17.0.2, I get that message. When I import the .mogrt into Premiere Pro v14.0.1, it doesn't animate.

To try and troubleshoot, I created a simple animation in AE with a rectangle using the rectangle tool. On frame 1, I set a keyframe for Scale and set the X axis to 0%, then on frame 10, I set a keyframe and changed the X axis scale to 100%. I then pulled the Scale property up into the essential graphics panel, then exported the MOGRT. Simple.
However, as I said, once imported into Premiere it doesn't animate, it's already at 100%, as if it didn't recognize the 1st keyframe that was set to 0%.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I see.

The prevoius post wasn't linked and the question was about the error message, not about keyframed templates.

I have to less experience with those templates to give you a proper advice - maybe it's a general limitation? Maybe it's meant to make the actual animation in PP? Maybe you don't need to pull the proberty into Essential Graphics, if the animation should not be editable?

Have you searched for tutorials? - I'm sure that's an often discussed topic.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only place props into the EGP is you want them changed by a user. Your example doesn't provide for user-input which will change the animation/behavior of the Rectangle - perhaps you were just testing out BUTT that's not the way to use the EGP. So, again, only place props into the EGP that you want the user to be able to change in order to affect result(s).

Having written that. I tested the procedure you provided and received the same results. I believe hte results we're getting is an engineered design to tell/prevent users from populating the EGP with extraneous/unnecesary props.

To have your case work, you will have to link the Scale prop to an Expression Controller. Create an Expression to link either one or more keyframes to this Expression Controller. Then drop the Expression Controller into the EGP. Sense make?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines