• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's the problem? Why I can't impute the file?

New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pture.PNGs.PNG

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the dialogue says it's either damaged or unsupported.  Try opening the file in a media player.  If it opens then it isn't damaged and the problem  is likely compatability.  I get that error when my files are not in RGB color space which is required in AE.  If you open the file VLC media player go to tools>codec it will tell you.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like it's a clip that was recorded on a DSLR.  Is the file still on the memory card and will it play back on the camera?

If it plays as expected on the camera that recorded it, copy it again.  

If AE still won't open it and VLC Player won't, try the file in MediaInfo (https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo) to see if you can view what CODEC is being used.

Other applicatons you can try are Telestream Switch (there's a trial version) and DaVinci Resolve.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines